What are Continuous learning opportunities?
Continuous learning opportunities also referred to as continuous learning electives (CLE) are training events intended to expand a leader’s skills or competencies. A training event must meet certain criteria to qualify as a continuous learning elective. These criteria are provided below.
How do I apply for credit?
In order to apply for these credits, please download and submit the following application to us email@example.com.
- District and National CLE's must be endorsed by the District Director. They can only be ordered through your district.
- Must fill a need at the local level and offered by Royal Rangers certified instructors and/or other competent instructors
- Must be a minimum of two hours in length. Events 4 hours or longer do not count as multiple continuous learning opportunities.
- May be offered as indoor, outdoor, online, internet-based, or classroom-based formats.
- May fill a need that is specific to leadership development skills needed to work with Royal Rangers or provide specialized certification needed to teach skill merits
- May not have been previously used to satisfy an individual's training requirements. For example, a requirement for the Outpost Leader Advancement Levels (OLAL) or the Organizational Leadership Training (OLT) levels may not also be counted as an additional continuous learning opportunity.
Qualifying District Events:
- District EDGE Conference
- Continuous learning electives (CLE) completed and not counted toward the OLAL training level requirements
- District Royal Ranger Conference (when qualifying training criteria is met)1
- District Men’s Ministry Conference1
- District Children’s Ministry Conference1
- District Christian Education/All Church Ministries Conference1
- Other Continuous Learning Opportunities approved by the district director that meets the above definition and criteria
Qualifying National Events:
- National Children’s Ministry Agency Conference1
- National Youth Workers Conference1
- National Men’s Ministry Conference1
- Pre-conference Leadership Seminar for General Council1
- Regional Conferences (when qualifying training criteria is met)1
- National Alliance for the Development of Archery (NADA), National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP) instructor certification courses2
- NRA instructor certification courses in Rifle, Shotgun, or Blackpowder2
- Challenging Outdoor Personal Experience (C.O.P.E.) Instructor certification course
- First aid/CPR instructor certification courses (Red Cross, American Hear Assoc., etc)2
- Seek & Save Continuous Learning module: View all Town Hall meeting videos and read latest version of “Seek and Save”
- Other Continuous Learning Opportunities may be added by the Royal Rangers national office
1 Must attend and participate in a minimum of two hours of training sessions to qualify while at the conference, repeated attendance may count as additional continuous learning opportunities.
2 Other nationally recognized providers may also apply.
3 Additional attendance can be counted if taken as refresher course so you can attend with your outpost leadership team.